January 6, 2012

Winona Lake and Stone Camp (Indiana)

Copyright May Rogers 2012.
All rights reserved.
Photos shot using Sony A390


Find MM.Rogers Photography on Twitter

It was my second trip to Indiana, both times were during the cold winter months. The first time I set eyes on Winona Lake, I instantly fell in love with it and almost convinced myself to move there. It was absolutely gorgeous. The pristine landscape, the neat little cottages that I would like to collect if only they were pocket-size and the dark, almost-spooky shaven trees provided contrast to the entire familiar white setting. It made me wish I was a magical artist who could paint the magnificent surrounding on a canvas in just one brush stroke. But I ain't that. So what I could never paint, well, I could capture in just one click on my camera. Or maybe more.

Winona Lake is a county in Kosciusko, Indiana. One nearby town is Warsaw . Known for the lake that runs through it, Winona Lake is also the home of Grace College. Few more minutes drive further into the area just by the lake is a privately-owned village with huge houses they call STONE CAMP.










Gorgeous pond fronting Grace College


No comments:

Post a Comment