July 20, 2013

Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Festival 2013

Copyright 2013 MM.Rogers
All rights reserved.
Find MM.Rogers Photography on Twitter

   A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back at you. - Brigitte Bardot   
 
To photograph hot air balloons at the break of dawn has been on the top five of my photography list ever since that day I picked up a camera thinking I finally found a lifetime hobby. Now in California, I know hot air fest is just within reach, possibly road trips away because of its ideal climate and geography.  And I was right. I googled events happening in this state and I was able to pull up several hot air events happening this year. However, I didn't want to travel miles and photograph 2 or 4 balloons while they silently float away. I wanted dozens at a time and I wanted to get confused by the splash of colors and quantity. It wasn't hard to come across Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Festival 2013. Decided, I google mapped it, bought pre-sale tickets for six bucks (instead of $10) and drove 3 hours two days before the event. To make it a weekend-long fun escape, I also visited the nearby towns of Petaluma and Napa Valley. Waking up at 4am for the festival-it was all worth it! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment