June 25, 2012

NASA Wings of Freedom Tour 2012

Copyright 2012 MM.Rogers
All rights reserved.

Find MM.Rogers Photography on Twitter

A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back at you. - Brigitte Bardot 
 
First time for me to see the WWII planes up close and personal. I got to touch them, get on them, even play with the now display bombs and guns aboard the planes. What amazed me was how these planes look huge on the outside but so cramped and less spacious inside. Great parts of them were for bombs, oxygen tanks and other gears so I found myself crossing planks inside planes with nothing to catch me when I fall. Imagine doing that thousands feet above sea level with the war going on while you're at it. For approximately $500, one could hop on the passenger seat and fly with the pilot for about 30 minutes or so. This 2012 display was held at NASA Ames Center, Mountain View, California. Learn more about the planes, go to Moffett Field Historical Museum.

**This photo blog is for my husband - who loves all the world war planes.


NASA AMES RESEARCH CENTER HANGAR
P-51 MUSTANG "BETTY JANE", SINGLE SEAT FIGHTER AIRCRAFT

ME-262, WORLD'S FIRST OPERATIONAL JET FIGHTER

B-24 LIBERATOR, THE SHINING STAR OF WWII


ENORMOUS B-17 FLYING FORTRESS AND ITS RESTORED ARTWORK






ENTRANCE TO B-17 BELLY GUN



CONTROL TOWER NASA
WAR VETERAN, B-17 FLYING FORTRESS BOMBARDIER

No comments:

Post a Comment